Mittwoch, 13. November 2013

On pain and death

My uncle is dying - melanoma is taking its toll.
My dad had more luck - two times melanoma, but cut out early enough he is still alive.

So I can just say get it checked and cut out when necessary.

I go every three months for a check up and cuts (melanoma is fairly common in my family on both sides). First time years ago I was scared of the little operations, but now I am getting used to them.

Well, at the moment I am in pain. I called ill at work and stayed in bed nearly all day.
Not a great thing, but the only thing to do.

Perhaps I should try to rewrite my story?

I was born to a lovely family, had all opportunities, did what I love, had a great start into my own life, a nice and fullfilling job and living a healthy life....

Kommentare:

cococita hat gesagt…

Wishing you all the very best dear Lily! Feel much better soon ... and yes, writing can bring catharsis ...

jabbott hat gesagt…

So to hear a family member is ill, please take careof yourself hugs x

Sandra Dunn hat gesagt…

hope you feel better your soon. i'm sorry to hear about your uncle - and all the melanoma in your family. it's good you get the frequent check-ups. peace to you.

prairiegirl hat gesagt…

I like your re-written story. Hope things will look better for you in days to come. Life is hard, Lily. Think good thoughts if you can. xo