Samstag, 14. März 2015

I am thankful for...

... my teacher who gave me a chance to learn sewing, silkpainting and much more at school - after our regular lessons a lovely bunch of people shared tea and cake and worked together once - or more often twice - a week under the roof of my school.

And it now nearly one year since I started to wear nearly daily a pair of trousers I have made myself.
You may ask why - trousers can be purchased for little money in shops and I have to say that you are right.

Well, not the pair of trousers I make for sure. I love bolt prints and I am a bit on the bigger side and not very long.

So I fit well in pattern for big japanese girls. And they are really easy to make.

I love this book a lot for sewing for myself:



And I love buying wax fabric at vlisco. It is not cheap, but the colours are bolt, it is 100% cotton and produced in Europe. And wax fabric has one really cool thing - it looks nearly the same on both sides of the fabric.




Kommentare:

jabbott hat gesagt…

I think the clothes look fab in that book x

wide-eyed-tree hat gesagt…

I finally brought my sewing things down from the attic that had been there since pur move. After feeling not so good for some time now, I thought why not doing those things I always postpone because of other work. So I am looking forward to sew a dress soon! And I know what you mean, it is nothing better than wearing your handmade clothes, it feel so different! This book looks nice!