Mittwoch, 20. Mai 2015

Today

Yesterday I came home late from work. When I reached my street I heard cars with megaphones, but could not understand what they said. A woman waiting told me they were evacuating. Home my husband allready had packed a suitcase and we left home 15 minutes after I came home from work. A bomb from WW II was found and we (and 31.000 other people) had to stay out of the area.

Where to go now? It was allready 8:00 pm. We decided to go to my husbands workplace.

There we left our car and had some sushi and went to watch a film at the cinema nearby. Afterwards - at my husbands workplace again - we waited for the signal that all is clear again. At 2:30 am we got the signal and were home in bed at 3:00 am.

I decided to take a day off today coz I was really sleepy this morning.

What to do with a day off?

On short notice I got my first FSME shot at my doc. Another will follow in two to three months time, a third later. I want to go to Riga in summer and there is a big FSME problem so better take care for that.

A lot of sleeping afterwards. Just woke up again and it is allready 2:00 pm.


Kommentare:

jabbott hat gesagt…

My goodness what a drama hey! Glad you and hubby are ok x

wide-eyed-tree hat gesagt…

Oh God! That must have been frightening!